Firefighters are keeping an eye on a fire that burned nearly 20,000 acres of standing wheat and CRP near Heppner yesterday.
Fire officials were called out around 1:50PM yesterday to the area of Clarks Canyon Road and State Highway 207 for the rapidly growing blaze.
The fire was eventually stopped near the intersection of Sanford Canyon Road and Upper Rhea Creek Road.
No structures were lost, however some power poles were damaged and phone service was interrupted due to damaged lines. The nature and cause of the fire is under investigation.
- New Hanford site kiosk unveiled at Richland Public Library
- Crews continue to battle wildfire in Selah
- PNNL denies whistleblower retaliation against worker
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?