Firefighters are keeping an eye on a fire that burned nearly 20,000 acres of standing wheat and CRP near Heppner yesterday.
Fire officials were called out around 1:50PM yesterday to the area of Clarks Canyon Road and State Highway 207 for the rapidly growing blaze.
The fire was eventually stopped near the intersection of Sanford Canyon Road and Upper Rhea Creek Road.
No structures were lost, however some power poles were damaged and phone service was interrupted due to damaged lines. The nature and cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Final Four teams begin preparations for semis in Arizona
- ICE officers arrest over 80 foreign nationals in Pacific Northwest
- Washington drivers facing some of the worst roads in the entire country
- Hanford workers demolish famous nuclear accident site
- 3 dogs that attacked 7-year-old boy to be euthanized
- Airman from Umatilla dies in Syria