Firefighters are keeping an eye on a fire that burned nearly 20,000 acres of standing wheat and CRP near Heppner yesterday.
Fire officials were called out around 1:50PM yesterday to the area of Clarks Canyon Road and State Highway 207 for the rapidly growing blaze.
The fire was eventually stopped near the intersection of Sanford Canyon Road and Upper Rhea Creek Road.
No structures were lost, however some power poles were damaged and phone service was interrupted due to damaged lines. The nature and cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?
- Fireworks cause brush fire, destroying Hermiston duplex
- Richland fireworks volunteers hoping to give back with proceeds
- Evacuation orders in place for Selah fire
- Police looking to arrest meth possession, delivery suspect
- Crews intensify search for missing Union Gap woman