Firefighters are keeping an eye on a fire that burned nearly 20,000 acres of standing wheat and CRP near Heppner yesterday.
Fire officials were called out around 1:50PM yesterday to the area of Clarks Canyon Road and State Highway 207 for the rapidly growing blaze.
The fire was eventually stopped near the intersection of Sanford Canyon Road and Upper Rhea Creek Road.
No structures were lost, however some power poles were damaged and phone service was interrupted due to damaged lines. The nature and cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Judge orders Exxon to hand over climate change documents
- KSD votes 3-2 to keep speaker Brad Henning
- American Cancer Society concerned with new health care legislation
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees