The Kennewick Police Department is offering a free 5-week/10-class Citizen Academy for the public to be held on Wednesday and Thursday evenings, 6:30-9:00 pm. The Academy teaches the public about law enforcement and the day-to-day operations of the department. All classes are held at the police station with the exception of the two tours.
CLASSES WILL INCLUDE: Patrol Procedures and Traffic Enforcement, Detectives and Narcotics, Internet Crimes, Evidence Collection and Crime Scene Investigations, Crime Prevention, CAT and SWAT Teams, Firearms, Gangs and Graffiti, K-9 and Youth Services, Code Enforcement, Tour of Dispatch Center, Tour of Benton County Jail and Justice Center, Volunteer Program and more.
For more information, contact the Kennewick Police Department at (509) 628-0333.
Space is limited.
Classes kick off March 26th, however, the deadline to register is March 17th.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds