Firefighters are working to determine the cause of a house fire on the 1600 block of McKinley Avenue in Yakima last night.
The occupant was in the shower when she says she smelled smoke.
She ran out of the home, but hurt her foot on the way out. Crews arrived to find smoke and fire coming from the front of the home and a working fire in the attic. They were able to quickly extiguish it.
Damage is listed at $8000.
The Red Cross is helping out the occupant and her roommate until they find other accommodations.
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget