Firefighters are working to determine the cause of a house fire on the 1600 block of McKinley Avenue in Yakima last night.
The occupant was in the shower when she says she smelled smoke.
She ran out of the home, but hurt her foot on the way out. Crews arrived to find smoke and fire coming from the front of the home and a working fire in the attic. They were able to quickly extiguish it.
Damage is listed at $8000.
The Red Cross is helping out the occupant and her roommate until they find other accommodations.
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect