YAKIMA, Wash. - Yakima law enforcement will be holding an event for residents to shred old documents and get rid of unused, expired or unwanted prescription medications.
The event will be on Saturday Apr. 29 as part of Take Back Your Prescription Meds Day and Identity Theft Awareness. It will go on from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Solarity Credit Union located at 110 North 5th Ave. off Martin Luther King Way in Yakima.
Disposable materials are limited to a maximum of two banker boxes or three shopping bags. Documents and medicine must be clearly separated.
The event is free, but Yakima County Crime Stoppers will be accepting donations to support the organization’s expenses and reward fund.
It’s sponsored by Crime Stoppers along with Solarity Credit Union, CI Shred, Leonard Rickey Investment Advisors and Pacific NW University of Health Sciences.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities