GEORGE, Wash. (AP) -- A state legislator is proposing to new $1 fee to tickets at The Gorge Amphitheater to help pay for emergency services on concert weekends.
State Rep. Matt Manweller, R-Ellensburg, says the money raised would be split between the small hospital and fire districts that serve the area.
Last year, concert and festival goers racked up more than $400,000 in unpaid bills to the Quincy Valley Medical Center.
Manweller says his bill will be introduced later this year. He says his bill would allow the Grant County commissioners to impose the surcharge, but not require it.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities