GEORGE, Wash. (AP) -- A state legislator is proposing to new $1 fee to tickets at The Gorge Amphitheater to help pay for emergency services on concert weekends.
State Rep. Matt Manweller, R-Ellensburg, says the money raised would be split between the small hospital and fire districts that serve the area.
Last year, concert and festival goers racked up more than $400,000 in unpaid bills to the Quincy Valley Medical Center.
Manweller says his bill will be introduced later this year. He says his bill would allow the Grant County commissioners to impose the surcharge, but not require it.
- Senate Passes construction budget
- Trios Health to layoff employees due to debt
- Brothers face murder trial together in Pasco slaying
- Murder suspect was flirting with women at his slain wife's funeral, witness said
- Final Four teams begin preparations for semis in Arizona
- ICE officers arrest over 80 foreign nationals in Pacific Northwest