As of right now the Tri Cities Horse Racing Association and the Benton Franklin Fair Association do not have a lease agreement. No lease agreement means no Sun Down races come April and May.
Benton Franklin Fair Director Lori Lancaster said that this is not uncommon and they will still have horses and trainers moving into stalls on the fairgrounds over the weeked.
Right now many horses are at Portland Meadows but that track will close on Saturday.
At that point most of them will move to the Benton Franklin Fairgrounds.
Lancaster said the leases for horses and trainers are separate from the lease with the Tri-Cities Horse Racing Association,
- Richland fireworks volunteers hoping to give back with proceeds
- Evacuation orders in place for Selah fire
- Police looking to arrest meth possession, delivery suspect
- Crews intensify search for missing Union Gap woman
- Deal in principle reached on Washington state operating budget
- Global cyberattack: What you need to know