It is Child Abuse Prevention Month as well as Sexual Assault Awareness Month and to raise awareness in the community, local groups are getting the attention of shoppers at Columbia Center mall today.
Local organizations set up small, three dimensional wooden figuines in the mall, representing child abuse cases.
The more than 500 figurines set up just outside of sears are part of the little people project.
Although none of the children's names are identified, each of these stands for a child that was abused in Benton or Franklin county in 2013.
This event was put on by the support, advocacy and resource center and crime victim service center who say it's all to raise awareness and prevention.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds