Last week we told you about Maggie Smith, the 3rd grader from Connell who is making a name for herself with her basketball skills.
This weekend Maggie participated in the national free throw shooting competition in Springfield Massachusetts.
She came in 4th place, making 18 out of 25 free throws.
Maggie's personal best is 23 out of 25 free throws which is what she shot at regionals to earn her a spot at nationals.
Maggie's mom said she got off to a rocky start at national but finished strong and couldn't be more proud.
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop