A Yakima attorney announces this afternoon he will be running for Yakima County Prosecuting Attorney.
Joseph Brusic made the announcement at his Union Gap law office.
Brusic served 10 years as a deputy prosecutor in Yakima County, and also as a senior deputy prosecutor for both superior and juvenile courts.
He will be running for the seat held by current county prosecutor, Jim Hagarty, whose first term will expire at the end of the year.
"People here in this community must have a strong criminal justice system," said Brusic, "There's a great deal of tension right now in the community, and I believe that I would be very efficient and accountable in trying to improve and make better the situation as it exists right now."
Hagarty has not announced whether he will run for re-election in November.
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park