A local Richland man loses a friend and fellow pilot in Gary Pfitzner.
Pfitzner was the news helicopter pilot who died in the crash in Seattle.
Ryan Hone grew up with Pfitzner and said Pftziner took up flying about ten years ago.
Hone said he was an experienced pilot with over 5,000 hours of flying under his belt.
He said Pfitzner got interested in flying helicopters after working for Boeing and spending a lot of times around planes.
Hone said Pfitzner was also a helicopter pilot instructor.
He said when he heard the news about the crash he was shocked.
He knew Pfitzner was experienced pilot very level headed and by no means a dare devil.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome