A local Richland man loses a friend and fellow pilot in Gary Pfitzner.
Pfitzner was the news helicopter pilot who died in the crash in Seattle.
Ryan Hone grew up with Pfitzner and said Pftziner took up flying about ten years ago.
Hone said he was an experienced pilot with over 5,000 hours of flying under his belt.
He said Pfitzner got interested in flying helicopters after working for Boeing and spending a lot of times around planes.
Hone said Pfitzner was also a helicopter pilot instructor.
He said when he heard the news about the crash he was shocked.
He knew Pfitzner was experienced pilot very level headed and by no means a dare devil.
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement