A local 8th grader is getting some encouragement from the Seattle Seahawks.
Ochoa Middle School student Jose Ortiz has faced a number of health over the years forcing him to be confined to a wheelchair at times.
His teacher wrote a letter to Seahawks' quarterback Russell Wilson explaining his condition and asking for words of encouragement so that Ortiz will continue working hard in physical therapy.
Wilson sent back an autographed photo and Ortiz says it gives him hope.
"He works hard and gets me motivated," said Ortiz. "I have to work hard and try my best. It doesn't hurt, I just plan on walking."
Ortiz says on Sunday, he'll be watching and rooting for his friend, Wilson.
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft