A local 8th grader is getting some encouragement from the Seattle Seahawks.
Ochoa Middle School student Jose Ortiz has faced a number of health over the years forcing him to be confined to a wheelchair at times.
His teacher wrote a letter to Seahawks' quarterback Russell Wilson explaining his condition and asking for words of encouragement so that Ortiz will continue working hard in physical therapy.
Wilson sent back an autographed photo and Ortiz says it gives him hope.
"He works hard and gets me motivated," said Ortiz. "I have to work hard and try my best. It doesn't hurt, I just plan on walking."
Ortiz says on Sunday, he'll be watching and rooting for his friend, Wilson.
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires
- City of Pasco to discuss public market