Washington River Protections Solutions was ordered to pay a safety fine after an employee fell into a liquid filled septic tank in the AX Tank Farm.
The Department of Energy investigation questioned why it took workers so long to call for help.
Three employees with American Electric were digging in the area when the accident occurred.
Washington River Protection Solutions was ordered to pay a $45,000 fine and improve response times when an accident occurs in the future.
- Authorities find WWII-era grenade near Port Townsend
- Teacher accused of having sex with student heads to trial
- Police kill machete-wielding man in Des Moines
- Police ask for help to locate missing 76-year-old Yakima man
- Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival coming to Kennewick on Apr. 29