Washington River Protections Solutions was ordered to pay a safety fine after an employee fell into a liquid filled septic tank in the AX Tank Farm.
The Department of Energy investigation questioned why it took workers so long to call for help.
Three employees with American Electric were digging in the area when the accident occurred.
Washington River Protection Solutions was ordered to pay a $45,000 fine and improve response times when an accident occurs in the future.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location