Freezing weather won’t keep crews from completing work to empty a tank in the Hanford tank farm.The Department of Energy is facing March deadline to empty the leaking tank.
The Department of Energy needs to find the source of the leak in tank AY-102. That will tell them if the tank needs to be closed.
Federal judge Thomas Rice ordered work halted until he ruled on a request from the state of Washington and other plaintiffs to increase worker protections because of vapor exposure.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself