Freezing weather won’t keep crews from completing work to empty a tank in the Hanford tank farm.The Department of Energy is facing March deadline to empty the leaking tank.
The Department of Energy needs to find the source of the leak in tank AY-102. That will tell them if the tank needs to be closed.
Federal judge Thomas Rice ordered work halted until he ruled on a request from the state of Washington and other plaintiffs to increase worker protections because of vapor exposure.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds