The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has halted shipments of radioactive waste to be dumped at a private waste site from Energy Northwest.
The low-level radioactive waste was rejected by US Ecology last month. The waste was several times higher in radioactivity than declared on the manifest.
The N.R.C's Victor Dricks says they plan to determine how the mistake was made this week and look to make corrections.
He says the finding will be made public 45 days after the inspection.
- Authorities find WWII-era grenade near Port Townsend
- Teacher accused of having sex with student heads to trial
- Police kill machete-wielding man in Des Moines
- Police ask for help to locate missing 76-year-old Yakima man
- Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival coming to Kennewick on Apr. 29