The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has halted shipments of radioactive waste to be dumped at a private waste site from Energy Northwest.
The low-level radioactive waste was rejected by US Ecology last month. The waste was several times higher in radioactivity than declared on the manifest.
The N.R.C's Victor Dricks says they plan to determine how the mistake was made this week and look to make corrections.
He says the finding will be made public 45 days after the inspection.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location