A Hanford tank farm was evacuated this morning as a precaution for potential chemical vapors.
Jerry Holloway, External Affairs Manager at Washington River Protections Solutions issued a statement this afternoon saying further investigation found no chemical vapors had been reported by workers in the “S” farm and that no workers were sent today for medical evaluation. The evacuation ended in about 90 minutes.
Holloway also added that work in the “A” complex of tank farms, which had been on restricted access following recent vapor incidents, resumed early this afternoon. Until further notice, workers in the A-complex farms are required to wear respirators.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location