A Hanford tank farm was evacuated this morning as a precaution for potential chemical vapors.
Jerry Holloway, External Affairs Manager at Washington River Protections Solutions issued a statement this afternoon saying further investigation found no chemical vapors had been reported by workers in the “S” farm and that no workers were sent today for medical evaluation. The evacuation ended in about 90 minutes.
Holloway also added that work in the “A” complex of tank farms, which had been on restricted access following recent vapor incidents, resumed early this afternoon. Until further notice, workers in the A-complex farms are required to wear respirators.
- Man charged with felony assault over missing cigarette
- Woman wanted by authorities for escape from community custody
- Kennewick police arrest 3 in connection to graffiti amid recent uptick
- The Cash Cow Catch 22
- TSA agent pleads guilty to voyeurism charge
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires