A Hanford tank farm was evacuated this morning as a precaution for potential chemical vapors.
Jerry Holloway, External Affairs Manager at Washington River Protections Solutions issued a statement this afternoon saying further investigation found no chemical vapors had been reported by workers in the “S” farm and that no workers were sent today for medical evaluation. The evacuation ended in about 90 minutes.
Holloway also added that work in the “A” complex of tank farms, which had been on restricted access following recent vapor incidents, resumed early this afternoon. Until further notice, workers in the A-complex farms are required to wear respirators.
- Semi-rollover closes Vantage Bridge
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- Toppenish school employee leaves handgun in bathroom
- Seattle police officer, Yakima native released after being shot in face
- Man arrested on suspicion of terror offenses near UK Parliament
- Local teacher helps his students take flight