Hanford whistle blower protections against fraud, waste and mismanagement will be expanded under a bill headed to the president’s desk for his approval.
Sponsored by Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri, the bill would beef up protections to nearly all contractors and subcontractors for federal projects.
It also prohibits the use of taxpayer dollars to reimburse companies for legal fees incurred to defend themselves from whistleblower retaliation.
- Authorities find WWII-era grenade near Port Townsend
- Teacher accused of having sex with student heads to trial
- Police kill machete-wielding man in Des Moines
- Police ask for help to locate missing 76-year-old Yakima man
- Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival coming to Kennewick on Apr. 29