Hanford whistle blower protections against fraud, waste and mismanagement will be expanded under a bill headed to the president’s desk for his approval.
Sponsored by Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri, the bill would beef up protections to nearly all contractors and subcontractors for federal projects.
It also prohibits the use of taxpayer dollars to reimburse companies for legal fees incurred to defend themselves from whistleblower retaliation.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location