Plans for a low activity waste facility at Hanford will be explained during a meeting Wednesday night at the Richland library.
Groundwork is underway to build an Effluent Management Facility at the multi billion dollar vitrification plant as part of its plans to start treating low activity radioactive waste
The Low Activity Waste Facility will glassify waste for disposal at Hanford left from the past production of weapons-program plutonium. The meeting is set for 5:30pm.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location