Plans for a low activity waste facility at Hanford will be explained during a meeting Wednesday night at the Richland library.
Groundwork is underway to build an Effluent Management Facility at the multi billion dollar vitrification plant as part of its plans to start treating low activity radioactive waste
The Low Activity Waste Facility will glassify waste for disposal at Hanford left from the past production of weapons-program plutonium. The meeting is set for 5:30pm.
- Authorities find WWII-era grenade near Port Townsend
- Teacher accused of having sex with student heads to trial
- Police kill machete-wielding man in Des Moines
- Police ask for help to locate missing 76-year-old Yakima man
- Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival coming to Kennewick on Apr. 29