The state Department of Ecology has set February 15th as the deadline for the Department of Energy to come up with a new plan for dealing with a leaking double-walled tank at Hanford.
Ecology officials say they are disappointed with the Department of Energy's previous plan dealing with Tank AY-102.
The state Department of Ecology wants the nuclear waste pumped from the tank which is left over from production of plutonium for nuclear weapons.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities