The state Department of Ecology has set February 15th as the deadline for the Department of Energy to come up with a new plan for dealing with a leaking double-walled tank at Hanford.
Ecology officials say they are disappointed with the Department of Energy's previous plan dealing with Tank AY-102.
The state Department of Ecology wants the nuclear waste pumped from the tank which is left over from production of plutonium for nuclear weapons.
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement