The state Department of Ecology has set February 15th as the deadline for the Department of Energy to come up with a new plan for dealing with a leaking double-walled tank at Hanford.
Ecology officials say they are disappointed with the Department of Energy's previous plan dealing with Tank AY-102.
The state Department of Ecology wants the nuclear waste pumped from the tank which is left over from production of plutonium for nuclear weapons.
- 4 arrested after Walmart shoplifting in Pasco
- Officials warn increased wood debris to float down lower Columbia River
- Evidence builds as witnesses testify in Beckford murder trial
- Washington unemployment rate drops to 4.9 percent
- Money-saving tips for 20-somethings
- Are you suffering from job burnout?