The state Department of Ecology has set February 15th as the deadline for the Department of Energy to come up with a new plan for dealing with a leaking double-walled tank at Hanford.
Ecology officials say they are disappointed with the Department of Energy's previous plan dealing with Tank AY-102.
The state Department of Ecology wants the nuclear waste pumped from the tank which is left over from production of plutonium for nuclear weapons.
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park