The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) says yesterday's pipe found in a trash can at Legends Casino in Toppenish did not contain any explosive material.
Workers discovered what looked like a pipe bomb around 10 a.m. and authorities quickly responded and considered it a suspicious device forcing the evacuation of the casino and a lockdown of the tribal offices located across the street.
A Washington State Patrol Bomb Squad responded and deployed a robot to closer inspect the trash can.
Authorities are now reviewing surveillance video to see who may have placed the pipe into the trash can originally.
- New cannabis shop sparks concern in West Richland community
- Benton County deputies seize $1.6 million of marijuana
- 1 dead after semi vs. train collision near I-82
- Patients react to Walla Walla General Hospital closure announcement
- Landscaping product business burglarized by two masked men
- Yakima council will revisit public safety ordinance