The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) says yesterday's pipe found in a trash can at Legends Casino in Toppenish did not contain any explosive material.
Workers discovered what looked like a pipe bomb around 10 a.m. and authorities quickly responded and considered it a suspicious device forcing the evacuation of the casino and a lockdown of the tribal offices located across the street.
A Washington State Patrol Bomb Squad responded and deployed a robot to closer inspect the trash can.
Authorities are now reviewing surveillance video to see who may have placed the pipe into the trash can originally.
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop