The body recovered from a pond near Toppenish on Sunday has been identified.
The Yakima County Sheriff's office says the victim is 52 year old Edwin Dufault of Selah.
He was reported missing to the Selah Police Department by family on November 4.
His body is believed to have been in the water for at least a month. Drowning was ruled out as cause of death and toxicology tests will be conducted in hopes of determining cause of death.
Investigators are attempting to identify those who had last contact with Mr. Dufault. Anyone with information is asked to call the Yakima County Sheriff's Office at 574-2500.
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River