The body recovered from a pond near Toppenish on Sunday has been identified.
The Yakima County Sheriff's office says the victim is 52 year old Edwin Dufault of Selah.
He was reported missing to the Selah Police Department by family on November 4.
His body is believed to have been in the water for at least a month. Drowning was ruled out as cause of death and toxicology tests will be conducted in hopes of determining cause of death.
Investigators are attempting to identify those who had last contact with Mr. Dufault. Anyone with information is asked to call the Yakima County Sheriff's Office at 574-2500.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds