Authorities say alcohol or drugs may have been involved in a domestic violence incident in rural Moxee yesterday.
It happened around 5:30PM on the 100 block of Hi Valley View road.
A 27 year old woman told police she was assaulted by her partner. She tried to flee in a motorhome, but her boyfriend entered the RV and assaulted her. That caused her to strike nearby items with the vehicle.
Yakima County Sheriff's Deputies attempted to make contact with the man who had locked himself in the garage, but he declined to do so. Less lethal options were put in place and negotiations with the suspect eventually helped bring him out, where he was put into custody.
- Community scared after recent violence in Yakima
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter