From the Yakima County Sheriff's Department-
Date: August 26 2014
Ref: Homicide, Attempted Homicide
On Monday, August 25 2014, two adult males and a three-year-old male suffered gunshot wounds as the result of an apparent drive-by shooting in the 100 block of D Street in Outlook. At about 2124 hrs, callers advised the Yakima Co Sheriff’s Office of multiple shots fired and several victims. Sheriff’s deputies and officers with the Sunnyside and Granger Police Depts arrived to find three victims. One adult male was transported to the Sunnyside Hospital where he died a short time later. The second adult male was taken to Yakima Regional and was reported in stable condition with at least one gunshot wound. The three-year-old male was originally transported to the Sunnyside Hospital, and then flown to Harborview in Seattle for further treatment. The child’s wound was not life-threatening.
The name of the deceased will not be released pending confirmation of his identity and notification of relatives.
Anyone with information on this very serious crime may call the Yakima County Sheriff’s Office at 509-574-2500, or 800-572-0490.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location