From the Yakima Sheriff's Office-
Location: 7000 blk Yakima Valley Hwy (Buena)
Time: 1902 hrs
On 8/28/14 at about 1902 hrs a YSO deputy attempted to stop a gray van on Yakima Valley Hwy, west of Buena. The van was driving over the centerline, and nearly struck the deputy head on. The vehicle failed to stop, and continued eastbound at speeds of 60 to 70 MPH in a gravel construction zone. After about a three mile chase the vehicle stopped at Yakima Valley Hwy and Cutler Rd.
The female driver was taken into custody. Deputies discovered the driver’s five year old son was in the van, unrestrained.
A Drug Recognition Expert deputy conducted an evaluation on the female. It was determined she was under the influence of several drug categories. The 34 year old Selah female was booked into the Yakima County Jail for Eluding, DUI and Reckless Endangerment.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds