A juvenile boy is in custody suspected of stabbing another person early this morning at a trailer park in Sunnyside.
Police say this responded to Parkland Homes on the 100 block of East Parkland Drive just after midnight to a report of a stabbing. Officers arrested a juvenile male for assault 2nd degree.
The incident occurred when the suspect went to a trailer armed with a kitchen knife and confront the victim who the suspect believes was trying to break into his mother's car moments earlier. Upon confronting the victim a fight broke out and the suspect stabbed the victim in the side.
The victim was transported to a local hospital where he was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
The juvenile male was booked into the Yakima County Juvenile Detention.
The incident is not believed to be gang related.
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater