From Yakima Fire-
Time and Date of Alarm: 06-08-2014 23:46 Hrs
Time and Date of Control: 06-09-2014 01:26 Hrs
Type of Incident: Shop Fire
Property Owners: Sorenson Farms
Estimated Dollar Loss: $1,150,000.00
Yakima County Fire District 5 was dispatched to a reported large shop fire at the east end of their fire district on Old Inland Empire Hwy outside of Grandview. On arrival of the first unit they reported finding a 70X130 Shop 70% involved with fire with another 50X100 Shop as an exposure. The shop was filled with an assortment of Grape Pickers, Farm Tractors, Sprayers and hyster’s and small tools, the building was also used as a small office for the farm. The fire was contained to the shop with all its contents being a total loss. At this time it is unknown where in the shop the fire started and the fire has been reported to the Yakima County Fire Marshall’s office.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape