The Yakima County Sheriff's Office, along with tribal police, the ATF and the FBI investigating a suspicious device that forced the evacuation this morning of Legends Casino in Toppenish.
Employees and patrons were evacuated after a suspicious device was found inside a trash can near the entrance.
The tribal offices across the street were also placed on lockdown after the device was discovered around 10 AM.
While the investigation is ongoing, authorities say they will be reviewing video surveillance to try and get a better understanding of who may have placed the suspicious device.
A bomb squad robot was deployed to inspect the trash can.
The lockdown was lifted at approximately 1 p.m. following law enforcement's direction that a lockdown was no longer necessary.
However, further information into whether or not the bomb squad actually found any explosives or not has not been released.
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires