YAKIMA, Wash. (AP) -- Vandals who shot seven power transformers and voltage regulators on utility poles in the past month between Zillah and Sunnyside caused about $40,000 in damage.
The sheriff's office says the vandalism has knocked out power, spilled transformer oil and caused a fire.
Deputies are asking the public to help identify whoever has been shooting at power poles.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities