YAKIMA, Wash. (AP) -- Vandals who shot seven power transformers and voltage regulators on utility poles in the past month between Zillah and Sunnyside caused about $40,000 in damage.
The sheriff's office says the vandalism has knocked out power, spilled transformer oil and caused a fire.
Deputies are asking the public to help identify whoever has been shooting at power poles.
- Inmate populations in Yakima County climbing fast
- Home improvement scams on the rise this Spring
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'