YAKIMA, Wash. (AP) -- Vandals who shot seven power transformers and voltage regulators on utility poles in the past month between Zillah and Sunnyside caused about $40,000 in damage.
The sheriff's office says the vandalism has knocked out power, spilled transformer oil and caused a fire.
Deputies are asking the public to help identify whoever has been shooting at power poles.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown