YAKIMA, Wash. (AP) -- Vandals who shot seven power transformers and voltage regulators on utility poles in the past month between Zillah and Sunnyside caused about $40,000 in damage.
The sheriff's office says the vandalism has knocked out power, spilled transformer oil and caused a fire.
Deputies are asking the public to help identify whoever has been shooting at power poles.
- Search amplifies in forest west of Naches for 20-year-old missing since Friday
- Amazon Prime Day promo starts night of July 10, now 30 hours
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Controversial cannabis shop put on hold
- Tri-Cities Community Health CEO sees no benefits in GOP health care plan
- Kennewick Fire warns fireworks could result in $5,000 fine, jail time