WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) -- A 55-year-old Wapato man has died in a paragliding accident in Chelan County.
Chelan County Sheriff Brian Burnett says David A. Norwood crashed after taking off from the top of Chelan Butte on Wednesday afternoon.
Witnesses reporting seeing him fall quickly after one side of his parachute collapsed. He crashed about 150 yards downhill from where he took off.
The sheriff says Norwood was well-known within the paragliding community.
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims
- Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food