From the Yakima Sheriff's Office-
On 5/19/14 Klickitat County Sheriffs Office requested assistance with a Search and Rescue operation on the Klickitat River. On 5/18/14, two rafters were floating the Klickitat River near the Yakima County Klickitat County line when their raft overturned. One of the rafters was able to self-rescue and reported the incident. The second rafter had not been located.
Yakima County Sheriffs Office Swift Water Rescue and SAR personnel responded to assist with the search. The raft was recovered from the river but the second subject had not been located as of 0600 hours on 5/19/14. Additional information obtained late on 5/18/14 indicates this incident occurred in Klickitat County and the search continues in Klickitat County. At this time the search is ongoing and no names will be released.
Any information related to this incident or questions should be directed to Klickitat County SAR Coordinator Jeff King.
- Senate Passes construction budget
- Trios Health to layoff employees due to debt
- Brothers face murder trial together in Pasco slaying
- Murder suspect was flirting with women at his slain wife's funeral, witness said
- Final Four teams begin preparations for semis in Arizona
- ICE officers arrest over 80 foreign nationals in Pacific Northwest