From the Yakima Sheriff's Office-
On 5/19/14 Klickitat County Sheriffs Office requested assistance with a Search and Rescue operation on the Klickitat River. On 5/18/14, two rafters were floating the Klickitat River near the Yakima County Klickitat County line when their raft overturned. One of the rafters was able to self-rescue and reported the incident. The second rafter had not been located.
Yakima County Sheriffs Office Swift Water Rescue and SAR personnel responded to assist with the search. The raft was recovered from the river but the second subject had not been located as of 0600 hours on 5/19/14. Additional information obtained late on 5/18/14 indicates this incident occurred in Klickitat County and the search continues in Klickitat County. At this time the search is ongoing and no names will be released.
Any information related to this incident or questions should be directed to Klickitat County SAR Coordinator Jeff King.
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop
- West Richland man is sentenced to 11 years in federal prision for receipt of child pornography