WSP Press Release
Olympia – Over the past 4 months, the Washington State Patrol (WSP) has received numerous phone calls from the public indicating they have been contacted by our agency soliciting donations. Based on the information received from the public, the phone calls have been from individuals attempting to scam the public for money.
The Washington State Patrol Troopers Association (WSPTA) is one of many police unions or associations contacting the public soliciting donations. The telemarketing company used by the WSPTA does not employ hard sell tactics nor will they ask for credit card numbers or personal financial information over the phone. You will never receive a call from a trooper soliciting donations.
The WSP wants to warn the public to be leery of any calls from anyone soliciting money for the agency or asking for credit card numbers or personal financial information over the phone. If you suspect it is scam, hang up and contact one of the local WSP district offices.
For more information on legitimate solicitors in Washington State follow the link to the Secretary of States website. http://www.sos.wa.gov/charities/
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities