Sunnyside United-Unidos is in "preliminary" discussions about having the availability to hand out free or low cost at home drug tests for parents wanting to test their children according to group coordinator Cathy Kelley.
The group would buy the tests in bulk and would help parents through the process if they believe their children are using drugs and they want to test them.
The group will decide if they will have the free drug test kits at their next 'Town Hall' meeting September 30th in the Sunnyside Community Center.
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified