A Sunnyside man is sentenced today for possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine.
26-year-old Trinidad Jesus Suarez was sentenced to a 174 month term of imprisonment, to be followed by a 60 month term of court supervision under release from federal prison.
According to court documents, the Yakima County Law Enforcement Drugs Task Force (LEAD) made multiple purchase of narcotics from Suarez in October 2012. The following month, officers executed state search warrants for Suarez' vehicles and known residences. He was arrested at his girlfriend's residence in Sunnyside, where officers found over 250 grams of actual methamphetamine. Suarez was arrested that day and has been in custody since the arrest. He has multiple felony drug offense convictions and admitted to possessing the methamphetamine with intent to distribute. He pleaded guilty to the charge in February 2014.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location