A Sunnyside woman has died and a Prosser man is hospitalized following a vehicle rollover early this morning near Grandview.
Troopers say 21-year-old Arturo Castillo was allegedly driving westbound on Forsell Road at a high rate of speed when he attempted to turn north onto Puterbaugh Road around 2:40 a.m.
The vehicle struck gravel on the right shoulder of the roadway for which Castillo lost control, overcorrected and the vehicle rolled coming to rest on its wheels on the left shoulder.
The passenger, 22-year-old of Sunnyside was ejected and died a few hours later at Sunnyside Community Hospital.
Troopers say drugs or alcohol were a factor in the accident and that the cause is under investigation and that charges are pending.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds