A Sunnyside woman has died and a Prosser man is hospitalized following a vehicle rollover early this morning near Grandview.
Troopers say 21-year-old Arturo Castillo was allegedly driving westbound on Forsell Road at a high rate of speed when he attempted to turn north onto Puterbaugh Road around 2:40 a.m.
The vehicle struck gravel on the right shoulder of the roadway for which Castillo lost control, overcorrected and the vehicle rolled coming to rest on its wheels on the left shoulder.
The passenger, 22-year-old of Sunnyside was ejected and died a few hours later at Sunnyside Community Hospital.
Troopers say drugs or alcohol were a factor in the accident and that the cause is under investigation and that charges are pending.
- 2 injured in early morning accident
- Whirlpool: Hotpoint fridge owners should check units after London fire
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town