The Toppenish School District has agreed to pay $6.9 million to the family of an infant who fell through bleachers at a soccer game and suffered lifelong debilitating injuries.
The settlement was reached between the school district and the family of Sophia Sanchez, who in September 2007, fell through a 7 1/2 inch gap in the bleachers at Toppenish Middle School and landed on her head on the cement floor almost 13 feet below.
The baby was hospitalized for almost a month and underwent several surgeries.
The settlement will go into a trust fund for managing the girl's health needs.
- Community scared after recent violence in Yakima
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter