The Washington State Patrol says a Toppenish woman was injured last night following a two-vehicle collision involving another driver who was allegedly under the influence on North Meyers Road.
46-year-old Imelda Ramirez was driving northbound just after 6 p.m. when another vehicle driven by 21-year-old Rafael Rodriguez of Toppenish crossed the center line and struck Ramirez.
Both vehicles came to a rest on the center line.
Rodriguez fled the scene and was immediately apprehended.
Troopers say drugs or alcohol were a factor and that the cause is under investigation and charges are pending.
- Ducks end Michigan's run with 69-68 victory, head to Elite 8
- CBC officials work to promote healthy studying, combatting drug usage
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call