The Washington State Patrol says a Toppenish woman was injured last night following a two-vehicle collision involving another driver who was allegedly under the influence on North Meyers Road.
46-year-old Imelda Ramirez was driving northbound just after 6 p.m. when another vehicle driven by 21-year-old Rafael Rodriguez of Toppenish crossed the center line and struck Ramirez.
Both vehicles came to a rest on the center line.
Rodriguez fled the scene and was immediately apprehended.
Troopers say drugs or alcohol were a factor and that the cause is under investigation and charges are pending.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters