Indian tribes have the opportunity to apply for AmeriCorps grant funding until May 10, the Corporation for National and Community Service announced Thursday.
Funding will support federally recognized tribes with disaster services, economic opportunity, education, health and veteran or military families.
Eligible members of the Native American community are encouraged to submit a notification of intent to apply by Apr. 19.
Successful applicants will be notified of their acceptance by the CNCS on Jul. 11.
Visit the Corporation for National and Community Service website to learn more about grant funding opportunities.
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims
- Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food