Athletes from around the region were in the Tri-Cities this weekend for the Skookum Challenge.
It's a unique hybrid of a random workout of the day and an obstacle course.
Participants were challenged in activities like Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and weight lifting, among other things.
A number of seminars were also held at the Southridge Sports and Events Complex, giving youth athletes the chance to learn from experts in their discipline.
A fight night of about 15 boxing bouts will ended the night.
This is the first time the Skookum Challenge was held in the Tri-Cities, but the event organizer says he hopes to have a larger challenge in October.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome