A Benton City woman crashed into a moving train Friday morning in Prosser.
Karen Jimenez, 19, was driving on North Wilgus Road northbound in her 2008 Chevrolet Malibu. She was distracted by loud music and her dog in the car, documents said.
The woman failed to yield for a westbound Central Washington Railroad train crossing near West Johnson Road.
The collision completely destroyed the front end of Jimenez’ car. It caused minor damage to the locomotive.
Jimenez and her dog left the scene without significant injuries.
Benton County Deputies responded to the accident around 8:15 a.m.
The railroad crossing was properly marked with red and white yield signs, authorities said.
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape
- 4 arrested after Walmart shoplifting in Pasco