STANFIELD, Ore. (KVEW-TV) -- Umatilla Fire District #1 battled a blaze at a pet food supply plant Tuesday morning.
The fire started in the potato dryer and then spread to other areas of the plant.
When crews arrived, they had a difficult time getting the hoses to the fire because of the muddy terrain.
The Battalion Chief said they had to hand stretch their lines to gain access to the fire. No one was injured.
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims
- Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food