Yakima County Fire District #5 responded to a structure fire at a Baker Produce in Zillah on Sunday night. The fire led to a partial roof collapse and one minor injury.
Firefighters arrived to flames coming from a cold storage facility’s engine room on the backside of the building. They initially had minimal visibility.
The situation prompted firefighters to request a ladder truck from the Toppenish Fire Department.
Captain Dave Martin said in a news release the fire was difficult to put out because of “extreme temperatures” that led the facility’s water system to freeze. One firefighter slipped on ice and hurt his ankle.
Once the crew regained visibility, the fire department safely extinguished the fire.
Gesa Credit Union placed on lockdown after teller was robbed
Richland community members hold early morning Bombers football send off to playoffs
- Gesa Credit Union placed on lockdown after teller was robbed
- Body of former Hermiston resident found in canal
- Partridge Family star David Cassidy "surrounded by family" in hospital
- Honda recalling 900,000 Odyssey minivans, seats may tip forward
- Richland community members hold early morning Bombers football send off to playoffs