Initial autopsy observations from the woman found under a bridge in Yakima County Wednesday suggests a gunshot wound as the possible cause of death.
The woman was found under the bridge at the intersection of US Highway 97 and Marion Drain by Washington State Department of Transportation workers.
The autopsy was conducted Thursday. X-rays and initial observations indicate she may have suffered a gunshot wound. The pathologist will not be able to remove what is believed to be a bullet from the skeletal structure of the remains until tomorrow. Once this is done, investigators will better decide if a criminal investigation is necessary.
The woman is believed to be less than 30 years of age. Investigators were unable to confirm her race. She is 5’5” tall with a light to medium build. She has dark hair and dark colored eyes. The autopsy suggested she was missing four upper teeth for quite some time prior to her death.
Officials believe she died sometime between November and the first week of January.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to call the Yakima County Sheriff’s Office at 574-2500 or 800-572-0490. Tips including anonymous tips can also be called into Crime Stoppers of Yakima County at 248-9980 or 800-248-9980 or on the internet at yakima.crimestoppersweb.com.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds