Undersheriff Jerry Hatcher will announce his intent to run for Benton County Sheriff on Tuesday morning.
He will be looking to replace Sheriff Steve Keane, whose retirement goes into effect on Apr. 1.
Hatcher’s official announcement to run will be at 10 a.m. in front of the Benton County Justice Center.
All eight police chiefs and sheriffs, including Keane, publicly endorsed Hatcher as the most experienced qualified candidate.
He has been serving in law enforcement for 24 with 10 of those years at the command level, according to a news release.
He’s the third candidate to run for the position. Kennewick Police Sgt. Ken Lattin and Sheriff's Detective Sgt. Bob Brockman are also running.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location