So far, this winter has caused a number of school closures and delays across the Tri-Cities.
The Kennewick School District has six school days to make up as of Jan. 18. With so many missed classes, you may be wondering how this will affect the city’s public school makeup days.
Here’s the rundown.
The last day of school is scheduled for Monday Jun. 19. The district does not plan to seek an Emergency School Closure waiver to reduce makeup days because snow days, or ice storms, apparently don’t qualify.
Graduations may also be affected by missed school days. However, any change to a scheduled graduation date must be made by the district School Board.
Plus, the cold season isn’t over, and Kennewick schools could miss even more days due to weather.
That means these plans are subject to change, and local school officials will plan accordingly if needed.
Gesa Credit Union placed on lockdown after teller was robbed
Richland community members hold early morning Bombers football send off to playoffs
- Gesa Credit Union placed on lockdown after teller was robbed
- Body of former Hermiston resident found in canal
- Partridge Family star David Cassidy "surrounded by family" in hospital
- Honda recalling 900,000 Odyssey minivans, seats may tip forward
- Richland community members hold early morning Bombers football send off to playoffs