Knitters did something they usually do at home in public today.
They brought their needles, looms and yarn to the Richland Community Center for World Wide Knit in public day.
It's a chance for knitters to come together, share their work, and enjoy each other's company.
One knitter demonstrated how to use a special foot pedal loom.
Another taught eager learners how to knit using their arm.
This year's theme was "Sweater Weather: Fashion for the Urban Forest."
It's a public project sponsored by Richland Parks and Recreation to create colorful art pieces along the rivershore and increase conversation, community pride and walkability in Richland.
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser