Knitters did something they usually do at home in public today.
They brought their needles, looms and yarn to the Richland Community Center for World Wide Knit in public day.
It's a chance for knitters to come together, share their work, and enjoy each other's company.
One knitter demonstrated how to use a special foot pedal loom.
Another taught eager learners how to knit using their arm.
This year's theme was "Sweater Weather: Fashion for the Urban Forest."
It's a public project sponsored by Richland Parks and Recreation to create colorful art pieces along the rivershore and increase conversation, community pride and walkability in Richland.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds