Knitters did something they usually do at home in public today.
They brought their needles, looms and yarn to the Richland Community Center for World Wide Knit in public day.
It's a chance for knitters to come together, share their work, and enjoy each other's company.
One knitter demonstrated how to use a special foot pedal loom.
Another taught eager learners how to knit using their arm.
This year's theme was "Sweater Weather: Fashion for the Urban Forest."
It's a public project sponsored by Richland Parks and Recreation to create colorful art pieces along the rivershore and increase conversation, community pride and walkability in Richland.
- Semi-rollover closes Vantage Bridge
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- Toppenish school employee leaves handgun in bathroom
- Seattle police officer, Yakima native released after being shot in face
- Man arrested on suspicion of terror offenses near UK Parliament
- Local teacher helps his students take flight