A longtime Pasco educator, coach and advisor was remembered in a funeral service at Pasco High School today.
Jeffery dong passed away December 21.
He was 69 years old.
Dong began his teaching career in 1967 as a history instructor at Pasco High School.
Over the next 40 years, Dong coached tennis, helped students earn high grades on the AP test, and even built the Pasco High Key Club to one of the strongest clubs in the state.
Dong retired in 2007, but continued his service as a Pasco School District board member.
He leaves a lasting legacy in the form of the Jeff Dong Endowment Scholarship Fund, which is awarded to one graduating senior in the Pasco School District each year.
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget
- 3 young children, 2 adults injured in wrong way collision on I-82
- Portland police detain people in downtown protest
- Gonzaga won't cancel Friday classes for Final Four
- State agency says more funds needed to fight wildfires