A longtime Pasco educator, coach and advisor was remembered in a funeral service at Pasco High School today.
Jeffery dong passed away December 21.
He was 69 years old.
Dong began his teaching career in 1967 as a history instructor at Pasco High School.
Over the next 40 years, Dong coached tennis, helped students earn high grades on the AP test, and even built the Pasco High Key Club to one of the strongest clubs in the state.
Dong retired in 2007, but continued his service as a Pasco School District board member.
He leaves a lasting legacy in the form of the Jeff Dong Endowment Scholarship Fund, which is awarded to one graduating senior in the Pasco School District each year.
- Police ask for help to locate missing 76-year-old Yakima man
- Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival coming to Kennewick on Apr. 29
- Walla Walla homeless camp to move to Fort Walla Walla park
- Closing arguments to begin Thursday for trial of former Pasco police officer accused of rape
- Utah governor says he will approve strictest DUI limit in US