A student at Housel Middle School was expelled Thursday when Prosser Police recovered a BB gun from his locker.
Officials received a report of an air soft pistol in a 13-year-old male’s locker after he had told two friends he had the item. Upon arrival they found a BB gun in the locker.
There was no immediate threat to staff or students. Due to the circumstances of the investigation, the school was not placed into lockdown.
The student had no plans to hard anyone. He was planning on taking the BB gun from his step brother’s house to his own house after school.
The student was expelled from school and was turned over to a guardian.
- New Hanford site kiosk unveiled at Richland Public Library
- Crews continue to battle wildfire in Selah
- PNNL denies whistleblower retaliation against worker
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?