The heat didn't keep hundreds of people from turning out for the most colorful 5k event, but it did keep many of them from probably achieving their best time.
The heat was said to be a big factor in keeping many people from actually running in the "Run or Dye" event today at the Benton County Fairgrounds.
Many chose to walk the course while getting blasted with colorful powder at various dye stations.
After participants crossed the finished line, they joined the dye festival where they were again doused with more color and celebrated their accomplishment with music from a DJ, who was spinning tracks on a stage.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters