The heat didn't keep hundreds of people from turning out for the most colorful 5k event, but it did keep many of them from probably achieving their best time.
The heat was said to be a big factor in keeping many people from actually running in the "Run or Dye" event today at the Benton County Fairgrounds.
Many chose to walk the course while getting blasted with colorful powder at various dye stations.
After participants crossed the finished line, they joined the dye festival where they were again doused with more color and celebrated their accomplishment with music from a DJ, who was spinning tracks on a stage.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape