The heat didn't keep hundreds of people from turning out for the most colorful 5k event, but it did keep many of them from probably achieving their best time.
The heat was said to be a big factor in keeping many people from actually running in the "Run or Dye" event today at the Benton County Fairgrounds.
Many chose to walk the course while getting blasted with colorful powder at various dye stations.
After participants crossed the finished line, they joined the dye festival where they were again doused with more color and celebrated their accomplishment with music from a DJ, who was spinning tracks on a stage.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family