Richland's Howard Amon Park hosted hundreds of runners and walkers today who were hoping to raise funds and awareness for cancer research.
It was part of the Tri-Cities Cancer Center Foundation's Run for Ribbons.
Participants could choose between a 10K, 5K or 1 mile run or walk.
Many choose to honor a loved one who passed away from cancer or is currently fight a battle with the disease.
That was either through the team name or by decorating t-shirts.
More than $54,000 was raised in the event.
All of that money will stay local.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location