Richland's Howard Amon Park hosted hundreds of runners and walkers today who were hoping to raise funds and awareness for cancer research.
It was part of the Tri-Cities Cancer Center Foundation's Run for Ribbons.
Participants could choose between a 10K, 5K or 1 mile run or walk.
Many choose to honor a loved one who passed away from cancer or is currently fight a battle with the disease.
That was either through the team name or by decorating t-shirts.
More than $54,000 was raised in the event.
All of that money will stay local.
- Walla Walla University aviation program celebrates 50 years
- Walla Walla homeless camp relocating
- Seattle Beer Week featuring its first Yakima Valley beer
- ‘Beauty and the Beast' on its final week at Davis High
- Yakima community fears wearing specific colors after recent homicide
- Central Washington University grad to compete in Miss USA competition