Richland's Howard Amon Park hosted hundreds of runners and walkers today who were hoping to raise funds and awareness for cancer research.
It was part of the Tri-Cities Cancer Center Foundation's Run for Ribbons.
Participants could choose between a 10K, 5K or 1 mile run or walk.
Many choose to honor a loved one who passed away from cancer or is currently fight a battle with the disease.
That was either through the team name or by decorating t-shirts.
More than $54,000 was raised in the event.
All of that money will stay local.
- Man charged with felony assault over missing cigarette
- Woman wanted by authorities for escape from community custody
- Kennewick police arrest 3 in connection to graffiti amid recent uptick
- The Cash Cow Catch 22
- TSA agent pleads guilty to voyeurism charge
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires