The snow helped Kennewick Police Officers nab a man who allegedly stole a car this weekend.
Police were called out to the area of 4th avenue and Jefferson Street Saturday morning after a person reported locating and following their friend's stolen car.
Officers arrived in the area and located the stolen vehicle, a Nissan Altima, in the 200 block of S. Harrison St.
They followed fresh footprints in the snow for nearly nine blocks, leading to a residence in the 6400 block of W. 1st Ave.
Officers made contact at the residence and detained Kevin Burdine without incident.
He was also identified as the driver of the vehicle and booked into the county jail.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters