The snow helped Kennewick Police Officers nab a man who allegedly stole a car this weekend.
Police were called out to the area of 4th avenue and Jefferson Street Saturday morning after a person reported locating and following their friend's stolen car.
Officers arrived in the area and located the stolen vehicle, a Nissan Altima, in the 200 block of S. Harrison St.
They followed fresh footprints in the snow for nearly nine blocks, leading to a residence in the 6400 block of W. 1st Ave.
Officers made contact at the residence and detained Kevin Burdine without incident.
He was also identified as the driver of the vehicle and booked into the county jail.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape