A stranded hunter was pulled from a remote steep area north of Touchet.
Walla Walla fireifghters responded last night to what was initially reported as a vehicle over an embankment.
Crews hiked through danergous condition to locate the man, who apparently climbed a ledge on a cliff earlier in the day while hunting.
That man became trapped in the steep terrain and snow.
The WWFD Technical Response Team was activated and the patient has be placed in a rescue harness and hoisted out with a rope system.
The unidentified man was hypothermic and taken to a local hospital.
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater
- Arizona prosecutor wants jail time for Vikings WR Floyd