A stranded hunter was pulled from a remote steep area north of Touchet.
Walla Walla fireifghters responded last night to what was initially reported as a vehicle over an embankment.
Crews hiked through danergous condition to locate the man, who apparently climbed a ledge on a cliff earlier in the day while hunting.
That man became trapped in the steep terrain and snow.
The WWFD Technical Response Team was activated and the patient has be placed in a rescue harness and hoisted out with a rope system.
The unidentified man was hypothermic and taken to a local hospital.
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget
- 3 young children, 2 adults injured in wrong way collision on I-82