A stranded hunter was pulled from a remote steep area north of Touchet.
Walla Walla fireifghters responded last night to what was initially reported as a vehicle over an embankment.
Crews hiked through danergous condition to locate the man, who apparently climbed a ledge on a cliff earlier in the day while hunting.
That man became trapped in the steep terrain and snow.
The WWFD Technical Response Team was activated and the patient has be placed in a rescue harness and hoisted out with a rope system.
The unidentified man was hypothermic and taken to a local hospital.
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown
- Washington, Oregon governors vow to fight Trump on environmental laws
- Wolves kill chickens and a goose in Eastern Oregon
- Headless body found in Snake River in Eastern Washington state
- Gonzaga Bulldogs advance to first ever final four game